Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom. To know yourself is to master Self Awareness. Self-awareness is positively correlated with higher levels of overall happiness.
The first step for practicing self-awareness is gaining a greater awareness of your emotions. The second step is making a habit of tracking your feelings. Begin to track your most positive feelings and your most negative feelings. This is where Fettle can assist.
Fettle: state or condition of health, fitness, wholeness, spirit, or form - often used in the phrase, “In Fine Fettle”. What is your fettle state?
Every Evening Score Your Day. Rate it between -2, -1, 0, +1 & +2. Write a brief paragraph of the days highlights. Write down your most positive feelings and your most negative feelings.
learn to see what makes your life a low :( of -2 OR a HIGH :) of +2. Overtime you will build a picture and drill down to see what in your life sparks a +2 :) and what provokes a -2 :(
You will begin to notice patterns and trends. Begin to see what makes you truly happy!
To learn more the app is also available as a web app at fettle.life
I was fortunate enough to have started Tai Chi a moving meditation at a very early age. Practicing Tai Chi for over 25 years has allowed me to build a solid foundation to support the most important aspect of EQ development, which is attention training.
If you are interested in supporting yourself or helping the teams you manage, the links below can help you learn more about EQ training.
- What is EQ?
- Emotional Intelligence Training Course
- Learn to meditate with the Just6 App
- Improve Self Awareness with the Fettle-App
- Meditation and the Science
- 7 reasons that emotional intelligence is quickly becoming one of the top sought job skills
- The secret to a high salary Emotional intelligence
- How to bring mindfulness into your employee wellness program
- Google ’Search Inside Yourself’